Chenal Valley Montessori School (“CVMS”) is committed to providing the highest quality program and educational instruction while at the same time providing a nurturing and open environment.
There are six fundamental characteristics of a Montessori education:
- An environment (classroom) filled with beautiful educational materials which stimulate learning.
- Children are encouraged to work independently. They are often heard saying, “I would rather do it myself.”
- Teachers act as guides presenting lessons and quietly staying by to assist if necessary.
- Dr. Montessori designed her famous didactic materials to stimulate a child’s desire to learn.
- Children are encouraged to care for and respect others and the environment.
- A proven approach to learning that demonstrates success regardless of perceived, limited intellectual capabilities labeled on certain children.